Monday 30 May 2011

Blog#1: Goodmorning Blogosphere!

With the millions of bloggers out there, I would first like to thank you for visiting my blog! As a first time blogger, I hope to a) master the art of blogging, b) offer great healthy advice, and c) create a easy-to-read blog which is filled with images to support the issues at hand. 

And so the plaguing question, Who am I? 
Supriya, a third year English major at Simon Fraser University, currently enrolled in a Kinesiology class which has bought me into the blogging world. Every two weeks I will post issues regarding health. Yet, my approach and target audience will be quite different. I hope to write from the point of a young university student, who perhaps does not get the time every morning to eat breakfast, pack a lunch or even grab a bottle of water. Who seem to find themselves being fueled by coffee, and run on little or no sleep. For anyone who seems to relate, this blog is for you!
Because health is so so so important, my goal is to reach out to university students with the approach of QUICK and efficient ways to ensure a more healthy lifestyle. Not to say that it will be a walk in the park, however, I will not be preaching to completely rid yourself of any junk food, or unhealthy activities, but to approach those areas with caution. Moreover, this will be a learning experience for both you and I!

Now, take a look at the picture below.. 
I do not know about you, but this certainly seems like a mirror image to me from a few years ago. There was a time when I dreaded eating breakfast, even more than I dreaded waking up in the morning. But that was until I learned the importance of breakfast. And so, I start my blogging life with enforcing the importance of breakfast!

Breakfast is perhaps the utmost important meal one can have. The importance is even seen in the title, in simple terms, you "break-the-fast". The "fast" can refer to the period of rest, a good nights sleep,or whatever you might like to call the hours that come before your first meal of the day. Breakfast fuels the body, and it is meant to provide nutrients which feed you throughout the day. However, breakfast is not meant to act as your only meal of the day, but it is suppose to be your largest one. Under a healthy diet, which includes dairy, protein, fruits and/or vegetables and good carbohydrates (such as granola and/or sugar free cereal), breakfast should be the biggest meal of one's day because it is simply the furthest away from when you sleep. This way you are able to digest the food you have eaten and use its nutrients, along with the other nutrients obtained from lunch, dinner and snacks, as fuel. In addition, by eating a regular healthy breakfast one is able to maintain a healthy weight because by eating a larger meal in the morning, your body is full and does not eat to eat so much at lunch and dinner, thus combating the problem of over eating. 

And so, not to sound preachy but eat breakfast! Not only does it do amazing things for your body but it can help you look like this..
Well, we all can dream right?! 

Hope you enjoyed my post, stay tuned for the next one! 

xoxo
S



No comments:

Post a Comment